Microsoft recently announced that a number of certification exams are being retired. With mainstream product support ending for SQL Server 2005, Visual Studio 2005 and BizTalk Server 2006, the certifications for those products will no longer be offered. Here’s a few of the certification exams that will no longer be offered after June 2011.
- (70-431) TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Implementation and Maintenance
- (70-441) PRO: Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- (70-442) PRO: Designing and Optimizing Data Access by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- (70-443) PRO: Designing a Database Server Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- (70-444) PRO: Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administration Solution by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- (70-526) TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Windows-Based Client Development
- (70-528) TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Web-Based Client Development
It’s important to note that if you have already earned these certifications, that credential will never retire. Retirement for these exams just means that new people will no longer be able to get certified in these skill. A full list of exams being retired can be found at the Microsoft Born to Learn blog. If you have any questions about Microsoft exams or certifications, please give our career counselors a call at 1-800-418-6789.