Exciting opportunity! Microsoft is creating a new online reality show called “Career Factor” (a clever play on words of the popular TV reality show “Fear Factor”). The basis of the show is centered on cast members documenting their five month journey to improving their technology careers with the help of Microsoft resources and training. The cast members will document their journey using web videos and social media outlets.
Microsoft seeks “outgoing, social media savvy individuals” looking to better or advance their IT careers. Each cast member will have their own story arc, in which he/she will set a specific career goal and work with the Microsoft team to achieve that goal. Microsoft seeks to cast the people for the following story arcs:
- The Unemployed IT Professional
- The Career Advancement Seeker
- The Student
- The Azure Platform Developer
- The Windows Phone 7 App Developer
- The Aspiring Microsoft Certified Master
- The IT Manager
- The DIY Tech person
A few of the benefits a Career Factor cast member will receive include:
- Free training materials to support your goal on Career Factor. This includes training courses, books, and certification exams that would be helpful in meeting your goal.
- Free admittance to all Microsoft Certified Career Conferences (a series of online career fairs)
- Personal attention through mentors and the Microsoft community
- Filming equipment (Microsoft Webcam & Handheld camera) for you to keep
The casting application is due November 13, 2010. The application process includes a written application for each story arc a person is applying for and a short video (1-2 minutes) introducing yourself and telling the Career Factor team why you are the ideal candidate. Every story arc has a few requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for the role.
This a great, fun opportunity for anyone interested in a career in technology and a once in a lifetime chance to gain significant publicity throughout the tech world.
To apply for Career Factor or learn more about this cool, new reality show go to Microsoft’s Born To Learn blog.
PrepLogic offers a variety of Microsoft certifications and MCITP training.