The ranks of MCITP Server Administrators are growing. As of November 2 there are over 15,000 people with the MCITP Server Administrator certification worldwide. There are 15,123 to be exact.
- Do you want to be number 15,124?
- Are you ready to advance your career?
- Is now the time to show that you have Server 2008 leadership and problem solving skills?
Excellent! Let’s take a look at what it takes to become a certified MCITP Server Administrator
MCITP: Server Administrator
With the MCITP Server Administrator certification you’ll illustrate and demonstrate your mastery of the skills involved with Server 2008 and be prepared several different job roles including:
- Windows Server Administrator
- Server Systems Administrator
- Monitoring Operator
- Network Administrator
The MCITP certification topics combine a number of the prerequisites of the MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist). In the process of earning the MCITP certification, you’ll develop your technical skills as a Server Administrator and ready yourself for a career in the field. Preparing for your MCITP certification will teach you:
- Everyday management of the server operating system, file structure and directory services
- Software distribution and updates
- Server monitoring
- Server troubleshooting
- Server configuration
- Auditing policy implementation
- Scheduled vulnerability assessment scan performance
How to Earn Your MCITP: Server Administrator Certification
You’re required to pass three exams for your MCITP Server Administrator certification:
- Exam: 70-642 Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
- Exam: 70-640 Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
- Exam: 70-646 Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
How to Upgrade to the MCITP: Server Administration Certification from MCSA or MCSE
Microsoft has provided an easy upgrade path for people who already hold an MCSA or MCSE 2003 certification. By following the paths for these upgrades, you can earn your MCITP Server Administrator in two exams instead of three.
Passing the upgrade exam (either 70-648 or 70-649) gives you credit for multiple MCTS certifications on Windows Server 2008 and reduces the number of exams you have to pass for your MCITP Server Administrator Certification to one. Learn more about upgrading your Server 2003 MCSA and MCSE to Windows Server 2008 here.
Introducing Microsoft Server 2008 Total MCITP Video Training
Total Server 2008/MCITP Video Training gives you everything you need for the next generation of Microsoft certifications. With this package you get over 150 hours of total LearnSmart Video Training and PrepLogic Practice Exams for three MCITP certifications; MCTIP Server Administrator, MCITP Enterprise Administrator and MCITP Database Administrator. This complete training package includes all of the following:
- Eight complete video courses
- Over 150 hours of video training
- Authentic Server 2008/MCITP practice exams
- Earn three Microsoft MCITP Certifications
- Enterprise Administrator, Server Administrator, Database Administrator
Right now you can get a full guide to the MCITP and your introduction to the Total Server 2008/MCITP Video Training package. Check out PrepLogic’s complete MCITP certification guide.